About Charnwood Connect
Charnwood Connect is a two-year partnership project (October 2013 – September 2015) funded by Big Lottery’s ‘Advice Services Transition Fund’. The project was set up to strengthen and improve access to advice and information services locally. Charnwood Citizens Advice Bureau, Loughborough is the management and accountable body for Charnwood Connect and is delivering the project with its lead partner, The Bridge, Loughborough, a specialist housing advice, information and support agency. The activities of Charnwood Connect are overseen by a partnership body, the Project Steering Group, comprising a number of local agencies:
- Centre for Information Management, Loughborough University
- Charnwood Borough Council
- Charnwood Citizens Advice Bureau
- Human Rights and Equalities Charnwood
- John Storer Charnwood
- Living Without Abuse
- Pro-Active Community Endeavour (PACE)
- Student Advice and Support Service, Loughborough University
- The Bridge
- Youth Shelter
Key aims and objectives
Charnwood Connect will strengthen and improve access to advice and information services by:
- Developing a Knowledge Hub for advice workers and service users.
- Setting up a Charnwood Connect Forum for advice workers.
- Developing a multi-agency volunteering pathway to increase the number of advice workers in response to growing needs.
- Offering financial education and money management training for service users.
- Improving access to preventative advice and specialist support to enable local people to take greater control over their lives.
- Ian Dennis, Money Advice Supervisor, based at Charnwood CAB
- Louise Hall, Volunteer Coordinator, based at The Bridge
- Nageena Latif, Specialist Housing Advisor, based at The Bridge
- Sally Hall, Volunteer Support and Training Officer, based at Charnwood CAB
- Vipin Chauhan, Knowledge Management Officer, based at Charnwood CAB